We’re so lucky to have some amazing Holiday events right here in Hampton Roads. Here are some can’t miss events to plan for this Holiday Season. But there is a special place in our hearts for two great Hampton Roads traditions: amazing light displays and spectacular performances of The Nutcracker.
Holiday Lights at the Beach, Virginia Beach Oceanfront
The cost is:
- Cars, $15 nightly
- Limos, $25
- Motor coaches, $45
- Mini buses, $25
- Combo Ticket, $25 – one-time entry to Holiday Lights at the Beach and Norfolk Botanical Garden of Lights (limited number of these tickets available)
- On “Military Mondays,” presented by Liberty Tax Service, military receive over a 50% discount each Monday night from December 1-December 29. Military Monday tickets are $7 per car.
- All vehicles enter through the main entrance at 2nd Street. Cash only is accepted at the gate.
Garden of Lights, Norfolk Botanical Gardens
This is the 20th annual light show extravaganza that transforms the Norfolk Botanical Gardens into a Holiday Wonderland. You can enjoy a 2-mile drive through a million sparkling lights bringing the four seasons to life. The display will last from now until December 31st.
- $20 Per Car (Friday, Saturday & Sunday)
- $15 Per Car (Monday – Thursday)
Celebration in Lights, Newport News Park
Virginia’s first drive-through holiday light event, Newport News Park is transformed by over 800,000 individual lights creating animated holiday and fanciful scenes. This year’s event will feature more “light tubes” which create the effect of falling snow, more lighted arches, and the refurbishment of displays with energy efficient LED bulbs. The event will be open each evening, 5:30 – 10:00 p.m. through New Year’s Day.
The Cost is:
- $10.00 per car and $60.00 per bus (cash, credit cards, and checks made payable to the City of Newport News are accepted; advance/gift tickets may be purchased at the Newport News Visitors Center)
This is often a tradition for many in Hampton Roads – a wonderful opportunity to introduce children to ballet and Hampton Roads’ thriving arts scene.
Ballet Virginia International’s Nutcracker, The Sandler Center
December 12th-14th with shows on Friday the 12th at 7:00pm, Saturday the 13th at 2:00pm and 7:30pm, and Sunday 2:00pm. Tickets are $18, $35, $45 dollars.
CAPA Fund Presents the Nutcracker, Ferguson Center for the Arts
December 20th-21st with shows on Saturday the 20th at 7:00pm and Sunday the 21st at 2:00pm. Tickets start at $27 dollars.
Richmond Ballet and the State Ballet of Virginia with the Virginia Symphony Orchestra, Chrysler Hall
December 12th-14th with shows on Friday the 12th at 7:00pm, Saturday the 13th at 2:00pm and 7:00pm, and Sunday the 14th at 2:00pm. Tickets start at $20 dollars.
There’s lot more going on in Hampton Roads throughout the month. Check out our Holiday Happens Schedule.