Most people like their dogs more than their closest friends. So, it’s not surprising that dog owners don’t like to leave their doggos behind when they want to go grab a beer, food, or supplies. The market has responded. An overwhelming amount of restaurants, breweries, and stores have started allowing dogs to their place of business.
To save you the time of calling ahead to ask, “Do you allow dogs?” I’ve compiled a quick list of restaurants, breweries, and stores that are dog-friendly.
For when you want to go experience the excellent food scene we have around Hampton Roads, but don’t want to exclude your fur baby. These, among other, restaurants will allow you to bring your dog and sit on their porch or patio.
- Citrus – Virginia Beach | Classic breakfast, lunch and brunch at 2 Virginia Beach locations. Bring your pup and sit on the covered patio!
- Cogan’s – Norfolk | Great pizza and endless selection of beer! Grab a slice and sit with your dog on the porch!
- BierGarden – Portsmouth | Extensive beer menu and German food options. Bring your dog and sit on the patio!
- Baker’sCrust – Norfolk | Excellent lunch and dinner menu featuring soups, salads, sandwiches, and entrees. Dogs are welcome on the patio.
- ThePointAtPhoebus – Hampton | Comfort food and craft beer! What more could you need? Sit on the outdoor patio and bring your dog.
- Marker 20 – Hampton | Casual seafood in the heart of downtown Hampton! Dogs welcome in the outdoor seating section.
- CPShuckers – Virginia Beach | Specializing in delicious cuisine, refreshing drinks, and a laid back atmosphere. Bring your dog and eat outside!
- BrownChickenBrownCow – Hampton | Grass fed burgers, smoked meats, great beer selection and signature floats. Dogs always welcome!
The vast majority of breweries in the area allow dogs as long as they’re on leash and outside. So, I won’t list all of them here. You can generally assume they’re allowed outside. But the following breweries also allow them indoors!
- BackBayBrewing – Virginia Beach | A locally-owned craft brewery, located at the Virginia Beach Oceanfront in Virginia Beach, Virginia. Grab a beer and hang with your best fur-riend.
- TraditionBrewing – Newport News | Offering beers of a variety of types and flavors. Your dog is welcome inside and out!
Don’t leave your dogs in the car (even with the windows cracked) when you’re going to these stores! Bring them with you!
- MixItUp – Virginia Beach | A restaurant, bar, and shop. A massive selection of beer to buy to-go, or drink there. Bring your dog, drink beer, play games!
- Jerry‘sArtarama – Virginia Beach | Bring your dog to fetch your next round of art supplies!
- BassProShops – Hampton | Let your dog help you pick out your hunting, fishing and outdoor sporting gear!
- TractorSupplyCo. – Multiple Locations | When you need something for your outdoor living space, farm, garage, or garden, head over to Tractor Supply Co.
- Ross – Multiple Locations | When you need to get some clothes or shoes at a discount, head to Ross!
- BathandBodyWorks – Multiple Locations | Let your dog help you pick out your next scented candle, spray or lotion!
- Lowe’s, HomeDepot, and AceHardware – Multiple Locations | For all of your home repairs, appliances, paints and more!