Finding space within your existing home can be difficult. That’s why we love this infographic from FLEXiSPACE.com. Here are just a few of the tips they suggest:
- Take a serious look at the clutter in your home – figure out what you truly use.
- The average person only wears 20% of their wardrobe 80% of the time. Turn your hangers the opposite direction – once you use an item of clothing return the item in the correct hanging position. After a month this will give you an idea of what you actually wear and what you could potential get rid of.
- Before you buy a piece of equipment or even items for a party find out if you can rent or borrow the item instead.
- If an item has sentimental value so much that you want to keep it ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you like it enough to display it? If the answer is yes then keep it – if the answer is no then remove the item.
- Don’t forget about hidden storage areas – especially under the stairs.
- Rethink items like buying DVDs – instead invest in streaming services to reduce clutter.