In honor of Memorial Day, today’s edition of Snack Time is all about the Red, White and Blue. Memorial Day is the unofficial kick off to summer and it’s also smack dab in the midst of strawberry season here in Hampton Roads, so these Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries are ideal. What could be better then a fresh, festive and fast dessert or snack that’s perfect for all your summer celebrations from Memorial Day through Labor Day.
Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries.
- 24+ large, fresh strawberries (1 1/2 to 2 lbs, depends on how much you fill them)
- 1 (8oz) package cream cheese, room temperature or softened slightly
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- Cut the stems from the strawberries, so the strawberries can sit cut-side down.
- Cut a deep “X” from the tip down, being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla in a bowl with a hand mixer until nice and fluffy.
- Gently open up each strawberry and pipe the filling inside using a pastry bag or zip-top bag with a star piping tip. Don’t have a pastry bag or piping tip? Just cut off the corner of a zip-top bag and squeeze the cheesecake filling inside the strawberries that way.
- Top each filled strawberry with a blueberry. These are best served after the strawberries have been chilled for at least an hour. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days depending on how firm/soft the strawberries are.