2016 is right around the corner and it is that time of the year to think of your New Year’s resolutions. This year, take your resolutions a different route. Instead of only making personal resolutions, make resolutions for your home. Whether it is making a purchase you have always wanted or finally updating the one room in your home you never get to, 2016 is the time to start!
Invest in Gutter Protection
Long gone are the days of gutter cleaning. With gutter protection available there is no need to pay someone to clean your gutters or put yourself at risk by climbing a ladder and cleaning the gutters yourself.
Leaf Filter is America’s No. 1 rated professionally installed gutter system and perfect for homeowners looking to end gutter cleaning. They’ve installed more than 20 million feet nationwide and have had zero clogged gutters.
Smart technology is becoming a must-have for homeowners and with all the advanced technology available it is hard not to jump on the bandwagon. As we move in to 2016 it is time to treat yourself to some smart technologies.
- UniKey offers a touch-to-open technology to get into your home. Instead of carrying bulky keys around, now you just have to touch the lock to open it.
- Control your lights and appliances from one application when you use Zuli Smartplugs. Its sensors estimate energy use and sense your location. Zuli relies on Bluetooth technology to allow you to control turning on or off the table lamp, floor lamp, thermostat and more.
- LG provides smart kitchen appliances to satisfy any homeowner. Sensor cooking is an innovation within LGs microwaves that allow it to serve as a second oven and determine when food is finished by its humidity-sensing technology.
Help the Environment
If you are an active Pinterest user you have likely seen an overabundance of do-it-yourself (DIY) cleaners. Use the following recipes to help do your part in protecting the environment.
- Add ½ cup of white vinegar, one gallon of warm water and two to three drops of lemon essential oil to a 2-gallon bucket. You now have hardwood floor cleaner.
- Make rust remover by using a pinch of salt and one lime. Sprinkle salt on the rust then squeeze the lime until the salt is well soaked.
Choose a Room to Update
We all have that one room in our home that we wish we could update, but we never get around to it. Make it a resolution to finally tackle that room, even if it takes all year to complete, at least you will be able to say you completed a resolution.
Whether it’s a bathroom, kitchen or bedroom, pick one area in the room to focus on first. Clean out drawers, paint the walls or purchase new furniture. The following month choose something else to focus on such as décor or rearranging the room. Update the room piece by piece and you will see your accomplishments come to life.
This post was provided by Anna Friedman from LeafFilter Gutter Protection. If you are interested in providing a guest post to the Rose & Womble blog please email firstname.lastname@example.org.