Today is National Good Neighbor Day which began in the early 1970s as a way to celebrate and strengthen neighborhoods throughout the country. At Rose & Womble, we believe that people are more important than houses, and as such the neighborhoods we serve are so important.
The people you call your neighbor can be an important part of your life, from borrowing tools to helping during family emergencies. This is why we love the idea of celebrating National Good Neighbor Day.
Here are some great ideas to bring your neighbors together and enhance neighborhood connections.
- Organize a Neighborhood Clean up
- Create a Welcome Wagon for New Neighbors
- Create a Baby Sitter List
- Outdoor Movie Screening
- Food Drive
- Neighborhood Yard Sale
- Family Friendly Field Day
- Create a Neighborhood Facebook Group or Page
- Organize a Holiday Decorating Contest
We would love to know if you have some good ideas to create better bonds with your neighbors. Please share them on our Facebook page.